NYLO Hotels - Eco Friendly Innovation
Cutting-edge refers to more than décor and style at NYLO Hotels. When it comes to environmental stewardship, NYLO is recognized among the top innovators in the hotel industry. The three Rs - reduce, recycle, reuse -- are second nature to eco friendly NYLO Hotels.
Wind power renewable energy credits (REC's) supplies approximately half of the energy needs of NYLO's inaugural property, NYLO Plano at Legacy - NYLO Providence/Warwick is 100% REC's and the brand remains focused on expanding its eco-friendly approach in future hotels. NYLO's construction and operation policy calls for using energy efficient building materials and techniques, - for instance, with its narrow thermal range, the brand's concrete and brick construction reduces electricity usage for heating and cooling. Desk pads and folio binders use recycled paper, and bath amenities come in recycled bottles and have no chemical preservations like Paraben.
Here are some other things we're doing to help Mother Nature:
- All NYLO Hotels operate with at least 50 percent Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). NYLO Providence/Warwick is the first hotel in Rhode Island to operate with 100 percent RECs. Wind is the power of choice at NYLO Plano at Legacy hotel.
- NYLO Hotels are constructed of eco friendly concrete that is incorporated into the overall aesthetic of the buildings.
- LOCL restaurants use the Natura water purification system for all bottled water, including still and sparkling water. All bottles are sterilized and reused. Learn more at http://www.naturawater.com/
- All ToGo containers, coffee cups, straws, utensils and napkins used at LOCL restaurants are biodegradable and made from corn-based products.
- All bottles and cardboard discarded by the hotel and guestrooms are recycled.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs are used in guest and meeting rooms
- Guest lofts feature stand-alone heating and air-conditioning units that can be individually controlled for energy efficiency.
- Recycled building materials are used whenever possible for hotel construction or renovation. The driveway at NYLO Providence/Warwick hotel was made of 70-year-old cobblestones recycled from the Old Holyoke, railroad station is Massachusetts.